Baked Artichoke Wedges with Lemon and Garlic Aioli
Jerusalem artichokes are a good source of fibre and are high in iron, making these a great, nutritious alternative to potato wedges.
Ingredients for the Aioli
- 1 tbsp gluten-free English mustard
- 3 cloves garlic
- 60ml (2 fl oz) soya milk
- 120ml (4 fl oz) olive oil
- 1½ tsp cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- Handful chives, finely chopped
Ingredients for the wedges
- 800g (28oz) Jerusalem artichokes, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- To make the aioli, add the mustard, garlic, soya milk, olive oil, cider vinegar and lemon juice and zest to a bowl. Using a stick blender, blend the ingredients until smooth, then stir through the chives.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/355°F/Gas 4. For the wedges, in a bowl toss together the Jerusalem artichoke chunks, thyme, rosemary and oil. Transfer to a baking tray and cook in the oven for 45 minutes until the wedges are golden and soft in the centre. Serve the wedges with a pot of aioli, for dipping.