Baked Artichoke Wedges with Lemon and Garlic Aioli
Jerusalem artichokes are a good source of fibre and are high in iron, making these a great, nutritious alternative to potato wedges.
Ingredients for the Aioli
- 1 tbsp gluten-free English mustard
- 3 cloves garlic
- 60ml (2 fl oz) soya milk
- 120ml (4 fl oz) olive oil
- 1½ tsp cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- Handful chives, finely chopped
Ingredients for the wedges
- 800g (28oz) Jerusalem artichokes, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- To make the aioli, add the mustard, garlic, soya milk, olive oil, cider vinegar and lemon juice and zest to a bowl. Using a stick blender, blend the ingredients until smooth, then stir through the chives.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/355°F/Gas 4. For the wedges, in a bowl toss together the Jerusalem artichoke chunks, thyme, rosemary and oil. Transfer to a baking tray and cook in the oven for 45 minutes until the wedges are golden and soft in the centre. Serve the wedges with a pot of aioli, for dipping.
First published in November 2009, OM Yoga magazine has become the most popular yoga title in the UK. Available from all major supermarkets, independents and newsstands across the UK. Also available on all digital platforms.