Mexican Quinoa Salad
This quinoa salad is packed full of flavour and is quick and simple to make. It can be eaten hot or cold, making it a great lunch to prep in advance and take on-the-go.
- 200g (7oz) quinoa
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 480ml (16 fl oz) vegetable stock
- 100g (3.5oz) red cabbage, chopped
- 1 x 400g (14oz) tin mixed beans, drained
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 chillies, finely sliced
- 200g (7oz) sweetcorn
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 peppers, sliced
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 1. To make the quinoa salad, add the quinoa, cumin, paprika, dried chilli flakes and vegetable stock to a saucepan and bring to the boil. Allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes until the quinoa is cooked and the liquid has absorbed.
- Add the red cabbage, mixed beans, tomatoes, chillies, sweetcorn, spring onions, peppers, and coriander to the quinoa and mix thoroughly
First published in November 2009, OM Yoga magazine has become the most popular yoga title in the UK. Available from all major supermarkets, independents and newsstands across the UK. Also available on all digital platforms.