A delicious and easy to make vegan Christmas dessert, perfect for chocolate lovers.
Makes 1 tree
- 2 sheets ready rolled, dairy-free puff pastry, at room temperature
- 200g chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Plain flour, for dusting
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Non-dairy milk, for glazing the pastry
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Spray the paper lightly with flavourless oil and dust liberally with plain flour.
- Place one of the unrolled pastry sheets on the tray and spoon over the chocolate spread, making sure the pastry is evenly covered.
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts and cranberries over the chocolate and top with the other sheet of pastry to make a sandwich.
- Using a very sharp knife, trim the edges of the pastry to make a large triangle shape. Use a piece of the excess pastry to cut outa star for the top of the tree.
- Leaving a 1 inch ‘trunk’ down the centre of the pastry, make slashes going out towards the edges, half an inch apart to create the ‘branches’/
- Carefully twist the strips over several times to create a candy cane effect on each.
- Once all the strips have been twisted, brush the whole tree lightly with non-dairy milk, and transfer to the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- When the tree is golden brown and risen, leave to cool slightly on the baking sheet before dusting with sifted icing sugar.
- Serve warm or cold.
Recipe created by PlantBased Kitchen
First published in November 2009, OM Yoga magazine has become the most popular yoga title in the UK. Available from all major supermarkets, independents and newsstands across the UK. Also available on all digital platforms.