Strawberry and Asparagus Summer Salad
Don’t just save your strawberries for dessert, add them to your salads! They make a great, sweet addition
Ingredients For the salad:
- For the salad:
• 185g (6.5 oz) uncooked quinoa
• Vegan bouillon or stock
• 1 pack asparagus
• 75g (2.6 oz) of cooked cooled Kale
• 40g (1.4 oz) edamame beans
• 2 spring onions, finely sliced
• Handful sunflower seeds
• 200g (7oz) strawberries, quartered
• 2-3 radishes sliced
• Handful fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
• Handful fresh parsley, finely chopped (stalks removed)
- For the dressing:
• Small lemon, juice and zest
• 2 tsp vegan honey
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 heaped tsp wholegrain mustard
• Salt and black pepper to taste
- Rinse the quinoa and cook in the stock for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the ends of the asparagus and chop into 1-inch pieces. Briefly blanch and set aside to cool.
- Finely slice the spring onions.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, allow to cool until just warm
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix the dressing together, add to the salad and toss until well combined.