Strawberry and Asparagus Summer Salad
Don’t just save your strawberries for dessert, add them to your salads! They make a great, sweet addition
Ingredients For the salad:
- For the salad:
• 185g (6.5 oz) uncooked quinoa
• Vegan bouillon or stock
• 1 pack asparagus
• 75g (2.6 oz) of cooked cooled Kale
• 40g (1.4 oz) edamame beans
• 2 spring onions, finely sliced
• Handful sunflower seeds
• 200g (7oz) strawberries, quartered
• 2-3 radishes sliced
• Handful fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
• Handful fresh parsley, finely chopped (stalks removed)
- For the dressing:
• Small lemon, juice and zest
• 2 tsp vegan honey
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 heaped tsp wholegrain mustard
• Salt and black pepper to taste
- Rinse the quinoa and cook in the stock for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the ends of the asparagus and chop into 1-inch pieces. Briefly blanch and set aside to cool.
- Finely slice the spring onions.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, allow to cool until just warm
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix the dressing together, add to the salad and toss until well combined.
First published in November 2009, OM Yoga magazine has become the most popular yoga title in the UK. Available from all major supermarkets, independents and newsstands across the UK. Also available on all digital platforms.