Spring Green Wraps
These spring green wraps are a take on collard green wraps. They make a nutritious snack or a lunchtime dish which is super-healthy and light.
Ingredients for the wraps
- 2 whole spring green leaves
- 180g (1 cup) cooked quinoa
- 1 pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- ¼ red cabbage, sliced thin
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Handful of pumpkin seeds, to garnish
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
Ingredients for the satay sauce
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce
- A splash of water, if needed
- Wash and dry the spring green leaves then use a sharp knife to shave down or cut out the thick stems to make them easier to fold later, then set aside.
- Make your satay sauce by mixing all the satay ingredients together in a small bowl, then set aside until ready to serve.
- Place each spring green leaf on a flat surface and fill each leaf. Start with the quinoa, then top with the vegetables and garnish with the pumpkin seeds and coriander leaves.
- Wrap the leaves as you would a burrito. Cut each wrap in half and enjoy with the satay dressing.
Run them under a hot tap if you want to make the Spring Green Wraps easier to fold.