Spring Green Wraps
These spring green wraps are a take on collard green wraps. They make a nutritious snack or a lunchtime dish which is super-healthy and light.
Ingredients for the wraps
- 2 whole spring green leaves
- 180g (1 cup) cooked quinoa
- 1 pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- ¼ red cabbage, sliced thin
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Handful of pumpkin seeds, to garnish
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
Ingredients for the satay sauce
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce
- A splash of water, if needed
- Wash and dry the spring green leaves then use a sharp knife to shave down or cut out the thick stems to make them easier to fold later, then set aside.
- Make your satay sauce by mixing all the satay ingredients together in a small bowl, then set aside until ready to serve.
- Place each spring green leaf on a flat surface and fill each leaf. Start with the quinoa, then top with the vegetables and garnish with the pumpkin seeds and coriander leaves.
- Wrap the leaves as you would a burrito. Cut each wrap in half and enjoy with the satay dressing.
Run them under a hot tap if you want to make the Spring Green Wraps easier to fold.
First published in November 2009, OM Yoga magazine has become the most popular yoga title in the UK. Available from all major supermarkets, independents and newsstands across the UK. Also available on all digital platforms.