Spinach and Potato Gnocchi
Gnocchi is a quick, simple and cheap dish to prepare — it works well with most sauces, from pesto, to tomato-based and cream-based sauces. Try serving with a side salad.
- 400g (14oz) potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp dairy-free butter
- 60g (2.1oz) fresh spinach
- 100g (1 cup) plain flour
- Add the potatoes to a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil, cooking for 10-15 minutes until soft. Drain the water and mash the potatoes.
- In a frying pan over a medium heat add the butter and spinach; cook for 3-4 minutes until wilted down. Add to a food processor and blend until smooth. Put in a bowl with the potato and mix well; season to ta
- Add the flour to the mix and combine until a dough is formed. Place this mix in a piping bag and bring a pan of salted water to the boil. When the water is boiling, pipe one-inch lengths of dough straight into the boiling water, using a small knife to cut the dough. Allow the gnocchi to boil for 1-2 minutes or until they float, then remove them from the pan and drain.