Spinach and Potato Gnocchi
Gnocchi is a quick, simple and cheap dish to prepare — it works well with most sauces, from pesto, to tomato-based and cream-based sauces. Try serving with a side salad.
- 400g (14oz) potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp dairy-free butter
- 60g (2.1oz) fresh spinach
- 100g (1 cup) plain flour
- Add the potatoes to a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil, cooking for 10-15 minutes until soft. Drain the water and mash the potatoes.
- In a frying pan over a medium heat add the butter and spinach; cook for 3-4 minutes until wilted down. Add to a food processor and blend until smooth. Put in a bowl with the potato and mix well; season to ta
- Add the flour to the mix and combine until a dough is formed. Place this mix in a piping bag and bring a pan of salted water to the boil. When the water is boiling, pipe one-inch lengths of dough straight into the boiling water, using a small knife to cut the dough. Allow the gnocchi to boil for 1-2 minutes or until they float, then remove them from the pan and drain.
First published in November 2009, OM Yoga magazine has become the most popular yoga title in the UK. Available from all major supermarkets, independents and newsstands across the UK. Also available on all digital platforms.