Rosemary Radish Crisps
These are a healthier snack alternative to grabbing a bag of crisps, they taste great and they are quite simple to make!
Recipe from loveradish.co.uk
- 50g (1.7 oz) sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, roughly chopped
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 500g (17.6 oz) radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, rosemary, thyme, ½ teaspoon salt, paprika, and black pepper. Mix thoroughly then set aside.
- Place the sliced radishes into a microwave-safe dish. Microwave radishes on high for 2 minutes or until they soften slightly and begin to release some moisture. Spread the radishes out on paper towels. Blot to remove excess moisture.
- Transfer the radishes into a bowl and toss with oil until evenly coated. Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the radishes and toss again.
- Spread the radishes, in a single layer, onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Place the baking sheets into the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until just beginning to brown and crisp up. Reduce heat to 150°C/300°F/Gas 2 and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Radish crisps that are closer to the baking sheet edges will tend to crisp up faster than the middle ones. Remove those as they begin to crisp and brown and place onto a cooling rack. Repeat process until all the radishes are crisped up.
- Sprinkle additional salt over the crisps while still warm, if desired.