Roasted Radishes, with Lemon
You might not think to roast radishes, but they are delicious!
SERVES 4 AS A SIDE
- 500g (17.6 oz) radishes, halved if they are large
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 30g (1oz) vegan butter/margarine
- Juice of half a lemon
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6
- Toss the radishes in the oil with the seasoning in a baking tin. Roast for ten minutes in the hot oven.
- While they are roasting, melt the vegan butter in a frying pan, swirl it around for three minutes or so until it is a nutty brown in colour and smells toasty. Remove the pan from the heat, add the radishes and lemon juice, a little extra sea salt and serve.