Roasted Cauliflower & Lentil Tacos
Nothing says holiday like tacos. They’re versatile, playful, and always satisfying — especially when they’re grain-free, stuffed with plantbased goodness, and topped with a refreshing lime tahini sauce. Mucho más, mis amigos, mucho más.
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 3 tbsp avocado or grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp sumac (optional)
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g (9oz) cooked green or brown lentils
- 8 grain-free tortillas or Grain-Free Chapattis
- ½ avocado, sliced
For the sauce
- 75g (2½oz) tahini
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp warm water
- ¼ tsp sea salt
Toppings: sliced cucumber, chopped coriander leaves, sliced radish
- Preheat the oven to 230°C/450°F/Gas 8. In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower florets with 2 tablespoons of the oil, the garlic powder, 1 teaspoon each of the chilli powder and cumin, ¼ teaspoon of the salt, and the sumac, if using, until well coated. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 25–30 minutes, until beginning to brown. Remove from the oven and set aside
- In a medium saucepan, heat the remaining oil over a medium– high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes, until the onion begins to brown.
- Add the cooked lentils and remaining cumin, chilli powder, and salt. Cook for 8–10 minutes, allowing the lentils to absorb the flavours. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Set aside.
- To make the sauce, in a small bowl, whisk together the tahini and lime juice. Add the water and salt and continue to whisk until it has reached a thick consistency
- To assemble, fill each tortilla with a scoop of lentils followed by some of the cauliflower florets. Top with the avocado slices, drizzle generously with the lime tahini sauce, and garnish with the cucumber, coriander, and radish.