Roast celeriac steaks with salsa verde
Healthy and flavourful, combine these simple, easy-to-find ingredients for a wonderful and seasonal plant-based winter treat.
- 1 celeriac sliced into steaks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Big pinch sea salt flakes
FOR THE SALSA VERDE
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- Handful mint chopped finely
- Handful basil chopped finely
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 gherkins finely chopped
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Pinch sea salt flakes
- Pre heat your oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Cut the celeriac up into steaks. Add to a large roasting pan with the olive oil and salt. Roast for 20 minutes, then turn. Continue to roast for a further 20 -25 minutes or until the veg is cooked and golden brown. Remove from the oven.
- To make the salsa verde, add everything to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Serve the celeriac steak with the salsa verde.