Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
SERVES 4-6 AS A SIDE OR LIGHT LUNCH
This super simple, vibrant salad is easy to throw together in minutes. Protein packed chickpeas, bright, crunchy veggies and a zingy dressing make the perfect combination for lunchboxes, al fresco suppers or as part of a buffet spread.
- 1 x 400g (14.1 oz) tin chickpeas, drained
- 3 stalks celery, trimmed and chopped
- 1 large red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 courgette, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 small bunch dill, roughly chopped
- 150g (5.2 oz) olives (we used green olives stuffed with garlic)
- Lemon wedges, to serve
For the dressing
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 120ml (4 fl oz) extra virgin olive oil
- 60ml (2 fl oz) red wine vinegar
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- Black pepper, to taste
- Mix together all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk until slightly thickened.
- Add the chickpeas, prepared vegetables and herbs to a large bowl and toss together.
- When ready to serve, pour over the dressing and mix everything together well. Transfer to a serving bowl or platter and garnish with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
This salad can be made up to a day in advance and chilled until ready to serve. Add the dressing just before serving to prevent the salad wilting.
First published in November 2009, OM Yoga magazine has become the most popular yoga title in the UK. Available from all major supermarkets, independents and newsstands across the UK. Also available on all digital platforms.