Jazz Apple Granola
Let fruit inspire your food this year. Jazz apples are a great way to add new flavour to breakfasts, salads and sweets — plus they’re good for you too.
- 200g of rolled oats
- 1 JAZZ™ apple - cut into really small and thin pieces
- 4 tbsp of maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 100g of pecans or walnuts - roughly chopped
- 40g of pumpkin seeds
- 40g of sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven at 150°C.
- Line a large baking tray with some parchment paper.
- To a large bowl add the oats, chopped JAZZ™ apple, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, maple syrup and coconut oil. Mix together until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread the granola onto the baking tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add in the pecans, sunflower and pumpkin seeds. Mix everything together and place the tray back in the oven for the final 20 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and let the granola cool down completely before transferring it into a jar.
- Serve with your choice of yogurt, berries and some sliced JAZZ™ apple.