Halloumi and Watermelon Salad with Mint Dressing
Make plant-based halloumi using tofu and a simple marinade! This salad is a perfect light summer lunch.
- For the halloumi:
• 1 lemon, juice only
• 2 tbsp white miso paste
• 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
• 1 tsp mint sauce
• 1 tsp garlic salt
• 1 tbsp dried oregano
• 2 tbsp water
• 280g (10oz) tofu
• 1 tbsp olive oil
- For the mint dressing:
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• ½ lemon, juice only
• 1 bunch mint, chopped
• ½ tbsp maple syrup
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
• 2 tbsp water
- For the salad:
• 400g (14oz) watermelon, cut into wedges
• 150g (5oz) quinoa, cooked as per packet instructions
• 100g (3.5 oz) rocket
• 50g (2oz) pine nuts, toasted
- For the halloumi marinade, add the lemon juice, miso paste, nutritional yeast, mint sauce, garlic salt, oregano and water to a shallow tray, and mix together well. Slice the tofu into 1cm-thick pieces and place in the tray. Leave the tofu to marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Make the mint dressing by adding the olive oil, lemon juice, mint, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, garlic and water to a food processor. Blend until smooth and emulsified.
- To cook the halloumi, heat the olive oil in a griddle pan or frying pan over a medium-high heat and cook for roughly 2 minutes on each side until the edges crisp up and start to brown.
- 4. To assemble the salad, share the ingredients equally between four dishes and finish with a light drizzle of the dressing
First published in November 2009, OM Yoga magazine has become the most popular yoga title in the UK. Available from all major supermarkets, independents and newsstands across the UK. Also available on all digital platforms.