Creamy Potato Salad
Serves: 6 as a side
- 2kg waxy new potatoes, washed and cut into chunks
- 240ml (1 cup) sunflower oil
- 120ml (½ cup) unsweetened soya milk
- 2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 heaped tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 gherkins, drained and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, drained and finely chopped (optional)
- Measure the oil, soya milk, sea salt, black pepper, mustard and vinegar into a large jar or jug. Pulse with a hand blender until thick and creamy. Taste to check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Place the potato chunks in a large pan with plenty of fresh water and a large pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and cook for approx. 7 minutes, or until tender but holding their shape. Drain well and leave to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooled potatoes, mayonnaise (see step 1) and all of the other ingredients, reserving a few chives for finishing. Mix until all the potatoes are coated in the dressing. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with the remaining chives. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.