Cheesy Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms with JAZZ Apple, Sausage, and Bacon
A perfect vegan canapé for your Christmas parties!
• 2 tbsp vegetable oil
• 100g (3.5 oz) vegan bacon rashers, diced
• ½ JAZZ apple, finely diced
• 4 vegan sausages
• 50g (1.7 oz) shredded vegan cheese
• 60g (2.1 oz) grated vegan parmesan (save half for topping)
• 1-2 tbsp unsweetened plant milk (optional)
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 300g (10.5 oz) portabellini mushrooms
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. If using frozen sausages, thaw them first, and if they are in casings, peel these off before using.
2. Heat the oil on a medium heat in a large frying pan, and once hot, cook the bacon pieces for 3-4 minutes until crispy. Add the diced apple and cook for another 4-5 minutes until softened.
3. Crumble in the sausages and add the shredded vegan cheese and half of the vegan parmesan. Stir everything together until the cheese has melted, adding 1-2 tbsp plant milk if the mixture seems too thick. Set this aside and prepare the mushrooms.
4. Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems. Add a spoonful of the sausage mix (about 1 tbsp) to each mushroom and arrange them on a baking tray with the filling side facing up. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining vegan parmesan and bake for 30-45 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked through and piping hot. Serve immediately.
Recipe by JAZZ Apple.