Brownie California Walnut Cookies
- 200g (7oz) dark chocolate
- 140g (5oz) dairy-free butter
- 100g (3.5 oz) light brown sugar
- 100g (3.5 oz) caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp dairy-free milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 240g (8.4 oz) plain flour
- 15g (0.5 oz) cacao powder
- 140g (5oz) California Walnuts, chopped
- Sea salt flakes, optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 and line 2 large or 3 small baking trays. Chop the dark chocolate into chunks and melt 50g (1.7 oz) of it. Put the melted chocolate to one side.
- In a large bowl add the dairy-free butter, light brown sugar and caster sugar. Using an electric whisk to cream the ingredients together.
- Add the vanilla extract, dairy-free milk and 50g (1.7 oz) of melted chocolate and whisk again until combined.
- Now add the flour, baking powder and cacao powder and using a spatula combine well.
- Save a handful of chopped California Walnuts and chocolate chunks and empty the rest into the mixture. Fold so they’re evenly scattered throughout.
- Next split the mixture into approximately 16 balls and place them on the baking trays with plenty of space in between.
- Flatten slightly and push the remaining chocolate and walnuts into the tops of the cookies.
- Bake in the oven for 16-18 minutes and leave to cool slightly before sprinkling with sea salt flakes and enjoying!