Breaded Chickpea and Vegetable Fingers
These crispy fingers make a healthier alternative to nuggets for kids’ dinners. To make them even healthier, try baking them instead of frying.
- 1 400g (14.1 oz) tin chickpeas, drained
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 50g (2oz) sweetcorn
- 50g (2oz) peas
- 4 tbsp gram flour
- 120ml (4 fl oz) water
- 100g (3.5 oz) plain flour
- 100g (3.5 oz) breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
- Add the chickpeas, pepper, sweetcorn, peas and gram flour to a bowl and mash together with a fork until all combined, season to taste. Shape the mixture into 10 fingers and place in the fridge to chill.
- Whisk together the water and plain flour to make a batter. Dip the fingers into the batter, then into the breadcrumbs, ensuring they are fully coated.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium-high heat, and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until they are golden and cooked through.
First published in November 2009, OM Yoga magazine has become the most popular yoga title in the UK. Available from all major supermarkets, independents and newsstands across the UK. Also available on all digital platforms.