Berry Banana Split Bowl
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 2 bananas, halved lengthwise
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 480ml (2 cups) plain coconut yogurt
- 100g (1 cup) berries of choice (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries)
- 60g (½ cup) granola (optional)
- 60ml (¼ cup) nut butter of choice
- 2 tbsp raw almonds, chopped
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- To prepare the bananas, in a large skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Place the slices of banana in the pan in a single layer. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sea salt. Cook for 4 minutes, then flip and cook for another 4 minutes until the bananas start to turn golden brown. Turn off the heat.
- Assemble each bowl with half of the yogurt, warm caramelised bananas, berries, granola, nut butter, almonds, coconut flakes, cacao nibs, and chia seeds.
recipe excerpted from Plant Power Bowls by permission of Sasquatch Books.
First published in November 2009, OM Yoga magazine has become the most popular yoga title in the UK. Available from all major supermarkets, independents and newsstands across the UK. Also available on all digital platforms.