Vegan Christmas Rocky Road
- 160g vegan butter
- 70g maple syrup
- 20g molasses
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 45g cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
- 125g ginger biscuits
- 75g vegan marshmallows
- 50g pecans
- 100g mixed dried fruits with peel
- 200g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Sugar eyes
- Melted chocolate
- Line an 8-inch square tray with parchment paper.
- Add the butter, syrup, molasses and sugar to a saucepan and warm gently to reach a silky consistency but do not let it boil.
- While this melts, break up the biscuits, chop the marshmallows small and chop the pecans. Add to a large mixing bowl with the mixed fried fruits
- Remove the butter mix from the heat and stir in the cocoa powder and salt until smooth.
- Pour this over the crushed biscuit mixture and stir to evenly coat all the mixture. Pour into the lined tin and smooth over the top. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Melt together the chocolate and coconut oil and now pour over the base mixture. Place back in the fridge for 3-4 hours or until fully set.
- Use a sharp hot knife to slice the rocky road into 16 squares.
- Use some melted chocolate in a piping bag to stick on pretzels for the ears, the edible sugar eyes and the redcurrants for noses.
- These Vegan Christmas Rocky Road treats will keep for 1-2 weeks in the fridge in a sealed container although the pretzels will soften over time.