Sun-dried Tomato Olive and Pesto Wholemeal Plait
This plait has a great flavour combo – the saltiness of the olives, the sweetness of the tomatoes and freshness of the pesto make it a great lunch, with just a simple side of houmous.
MAKES 1 LARGE PLAIT
- 1 tbsp dried active yeast
- 360ml (1½ cups) warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 300g (2¾ cups) wholemeal flour
- 300g (2¾ cups) strong white bread flour
- Pinch salt
- 100g (3.5oz) olives
- 100g (3.5oz) sundried tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Sacla Free From basil pesto
- Mix the yeast, water and sugar together and leave for 5 minutes to activate. In a large bowl mix the wholemeal flour, bread flour and salt together and slowly pour in the yeast mixture whilst mixing to form dough. Turn this out onto a floured surface and knead for 5-6 minutes until elastic, then place this into a warm place to prove for 30 minutes.
- Split the dough into 3 equal pieces and roll each piece into a rectangle roughly 50cm by 10cm. Spread one with the pesto, one with the olives and one with the sun-dried tomato, roll them up into three long sausage shapes, and plait them together. Place this on a non-stick tray and prove for 30 minutes.
- Whilst the bread is proofing preheat the oven to 180°C/355°F/Gas 4, then once proved place the bread into bake for 40-45 minutes.