Strawberry Bakewell Muffins
These delicious muffins are healthy, wholesome and easy to make. They contain fresh strawberries which gives them an added flavour ick and the banana keeps the muffins moist, light and fluffy.
- 2 bananas
- 60g (2.1 oz) coconut sugar
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 120ml (4 fl oz) plant-based milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 185g (6.5 oz) self-raising gluten-free flour
- 115g (4oz) almond flour
- 1 tbsp flax seed mixed with 3 tbsp water
- 140g (4.9 oz) diced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Prepare your muffin pan using a spray oil or parchment liners.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas, then add in sugar, almond extract and plant-based milk. Mix well.
- Add the baking soda, bicarbonate of soda, both flours and flax mix to the bowl, and stir to combine. Fold in the diced strawberries.
- Scoop a dessert-spoonful of mixture into muffin tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes. If lightly golden on top and springy to the touch, remove the muffins from the oven. If they require longer, bake for a further 5-10 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
First published in November 2009, OM Yoga magazine has become the most popular yoga title in the UK. Available from all major supermarkets, independents and newsstands across the UK. Also available on all digital platforms.