Smoky Beans & Greens On Toast
This will keep you going right through until lunch, and tastes amazing!
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 300g (10.5 oz) kale, stems removed, sliced
- 2 x 400g (14.1 oz) cans cannellini or butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 400g (14.1 oz) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 200ml (6.7 fl oz) water
- 8 slices of bread (e.g. rye), toasted
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes until softened. Add the paprika and chilli flakes and season well.
- Add the kale and cook, stirring, until wilted. Now add the beans, chopped tomatoes, soy sauce and measured water. Turn up the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, until piping hot. Serve the beans and greens on toast.
- Any leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for 3 weeks.