Smoky Beans & Greens On Toast
This will keep you going right through until lunch, and tastes amazing!
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 300g (10.5 oz) kale, stems removed, sliced
- 2 x 400g (14.1 oz) cans cannellini or butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 400g (14.1 oz) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 200ml (6.7 fl oz) water
- 8 slices of bread (e.g. rye), toasted
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes until softened. Add the paprika and chilli flakes and season well.
- Add the kale and cook, stirring, until wilted. Now add the beans, chopped tomatoes, soy sauce and measured water. Turn up the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, until piping hot. Serve the beans and greens on toast.
- Any leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for 3 weeks.
Recipes extracted from Happy Healthy Strong: The Secret To Staying Fit For Life by Krissy Cela. Published by Aster (£16.99) (octopusbooks.co.uk)
First published in November 2009, OM Yoga magazine has become the most popular yoga title in the UK. Available from all major supermarkets, independents and newsstands across the UK. Also available on all digital platforms.