Smashed Avo Toast with Roasted Tomatoes & Pesto
Bruschetta is not just a starter! This is a really nice way to have your toast in the morning. The olive oil and pesto keep you fuelled all morning, giving you the energy you need to have a productive start to the day.
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 tsp pesto
- 2 slices of toasted ciabatta
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven or grill to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Place the cherry tomatoes and half the olive oil in an ovenproof dish, toss well to coat and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, or until softened.
- Scoop the avocado flesh into a small bowl, smash with the back of a fork and add the remaining olive oil, the lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Spread the pesto onto the toast, then load the smashed avocado and roasted tomatoes on top.
This topping would work just as well on rice cakes for a quick, simple brunch.