Pink Grapefruit and Rosemary Paloma
A paloma consists of grapefruit juice, tequila and lime. This one has the addition of Rosemary Syrup which adds a beautiful freshness to the cocktail. It is so simple and quick to make and you can store the syrup in the fridge for 1 week.
For the rosemary syrup
- 200g (7oz) granulated sugar
- 200ml (6.7 fl oz) water
- 4 sprigs of rosemary, plus extra to garnish
For the cocktail
- 2 tbsp Maldon salt
- 100ml (3.3 fl oz) Villa Ascenti Gin
- 150ml (5 fl oz) pink grapefruit juice
- 25ml (0.8 fl oz) rosemary sugar syrup
- 50ml ( 1.6 fl oz) lime juice, plus extra lime wedges
- Sparkling water, to top up
- Start by making the rosemary sugar syrup. In a small pan add the granulated sugar and water along with the 4 rosemary sprigs. Bring to the boil and allow it to gently bubble until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and allow to cool before storing in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use
- To make the cocktails start with the salt rim. Pour the Maldon salt onto a small, flat plate. Take 2 tumbler glasses and run a mlime wedge around the rim. One at a time, turn the glasses upside down in the salt and turn them so the salt sticks to the rim. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker add the Villa Ascenti gin with the grapefruit juice, rosemary sugar syrup and lime juice. Fill the shaker with ice and shake well for 1 minute. Fill the glasses carefully with ice and then pour in the cocktail from the shaker. Top each glass up with sparkling water and then garnish with a final sprig of rosemary.