Maintain your Yoga Rhythm on the Go
Embarking on a Journey of Joy and Wellness: Uniting Yoga and Travel
Reading time: 3 minutes
Explore the world, meet the people, enjoy the delicacies, dive deep the oceans, climb up the mountains, walk-jump-run, dance as if nobody is watching you, do it with all your heart. Do it with rhythm, do it with YOGA!
Travelling has always been a life changing experience and the impressions are long-lived. It is an adventurous escapism from a monotonous lifestyle, rejuvenating our body and mind.
But, at the same time, travelling is physically and mentally tiresome, pushing oneself away from the comfort zone. As a result, travelers can witness different issues related to their overall health.
Some of the common problems can be-
- Cold, cough and fever
- Disturbed sleep patterns or Lack of sleep
- Stress and anxiety
- Digestive issues
And on a broader perspective, to cover all these problems, there is only one antidote and that is Yoga. Just like travelling, yoga rejuvenates one’s mind and body. It brings a state of physical and mental balance, enhances resilience, and brings ultimate relaxation.
Yoga is all-time valuable and universal. It is for holistic development of health covering physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects.
Yoga works on the principles of-
- Proper Yoga practices [micro-yogic movements, asanas (postures), pranayama (breathing exercises) and meditation]
- Proper diet
- Proper relaxation
- Sufficient sleep
- Positive thinking and Meditation
So, why not integrate the two and reap its sweetest fruits. Let's travel with happiness, as happiness comes from yoga!
By incorporating yoga practices on the way, one can keep the blues away. But do not get disheartened in search of perfectionism while performing asanas (postures). Always listen to your body. If you listen to your body, body listens to you. Love your body, love yourself.
A simple yoga routine can include-
- Tadasana (Mountain pose)- to energise the body
- Shashankasana (Rabbit pose), on the bed or the chair- for mind relaxation
- Badhakonasana (Bound angle pose)/ Vajrasana (The Thunderbolt)- improves the digestive system
- Bhastrika (Bellows breath) and Bhrahmri (Humming Bee breath)- pranayama (boosts energy and calms the mind)
- OM Chanting (universal sound)- for peace
- Shavasana (Corpse pose) for complete relaxation
This is a holistic amalgamation of physical, mental, and spiritual practices combining asana, pranayama, meditation, and chanting, making it a complete SADHANA (Disciplined and dedicated practice). So, with this simple regime, one can maintain yoga rhythm on the way.
Moreover, where there is a will, there is a way. Whenever and wherever you get time, give 5-15 minutes for deep breathing. As we cannot survive without breath, let us breathe in deeply in our vehicles, bus, aeroplane, hotels, other places too. Next time, do not ever complaint that we do not have time. We always have a time, its just that we never mind it.
YOGA + TRAVEL = HAPPINESS = LIFE