Grilled Pear, Chicory and Walnut Salad
The combination of colours, textures and flavours in this unusual salad make it a delicious lunch or supper for two, or an accompaniment to a main meal for a larger group.
- 2 small heads red chicory, trimmed and leaves separated
- 2 pears, cored and cut into wedges
- 40g (1.4 oz) chopped walnuts
- Small bunch fresh chives, finely chopped
- 60ml (2 fl oz) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp coconut honey
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat a dry griddle pan over a high heat and add the pear wedges. Cook briefly, without moving them around, until lightly charred. Remove and set aside to cool slightly.
- Arrange the chicory leaves on plates or a serving platter and top with the pears. Scatter over the walnuts and chives.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the remaining ingredients to make the dressing. Drizzle this over the salad just before serving.
Recipes by OM Yoga in-house chefs
If you can’t find coconut honey, feel free to use your favourite sweetener. Agave, maple or rice syrup will all work well here, but the coconut honey is our favourite.