Glass Noodles with Stir-Fry Vegetables and Soy Sauce
A light and nutritious meal, packed with Stir-Fry vegetables. It is simple to make and ready in minutes.
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 green pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 aubergine, sliced into strips
- 1 courgette, sliced into strips
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 100g (3.5 oz) glass noodles
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Soy sauce
- 1 lime, quartered
- Black pepper
- A few leaves of parsley
- Dried chilli flakes
- Fry the vegetable strips in the oil for 3 minutes, so they still have a bite to them and aren’t too soft. If you have a wok, use this, otherwise you may need to use two frying pans.
- Meanwhile, place the noodles in a saucepan and pour over enough boiled water to cover. Simmer for 2 minutes on the hob. (Alternatively, you can place the noodles in a heatproof bowl, pour over boiled water and leave them for 5 minutes.) Drain.
- Arrange the noodles between two bowls, top with the vegetables and serve with soy sauce, lime wedges, freshly cracked black pepper and parsley, plus chilli flakes to taste.
Nomaste by Miranda Moore is published by Summersdale Publishers, priced £14.99