Bloody Mary with Smoked Salt
A classic Bloody Mary recipe made even better with Maldon’s smoked salt.
- Maldon Smoked Salt
- 100ml (3.3 fl oz) Ketel One Vodka
- 500ml (17 fl oz) spicy tomato juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (plus lemon wedges, to garnish)
- A few dashes of Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
- A few dashes of Tabasco (to taste)
- Cracked black pepper
- Celery stick, to garnish
- Olives, to garnish
- Start by preparing the glasses with a smoked salt rim. Take 2 highball glasses and run a lemon wedge around the rim. Then pour some Maldon salt onto a small, flat plate. Take each glass and turn it upside down into the salt and turn and press it so the smoked salt sticks to the rim. Set aside while you make the Bloody Mary.
- Into a jug add the Ketel One vodka, spicy tomato juice and lemon juice and mix well. Then fill the jug with ice and add the Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and cracked black pepper (to taste). Stir the ice round until it has chilled all the ingredients but not too long as to water it down.
- Fill the Maldon smoked salt rimmed glasses with ice. Then pour in the Bloody Mary cocktail. Garnish with a stick of celery, a wedge of lemon and some olives on a cocktail stick.