JESUS AGUDO IS THE MAN ON THE MAT
ALTERNATE NOSTRIL BREATHING (NADI SHODANA)
- Nadi shodhana is a yogic breathwork exercise which helps us to balance our prana and understand our duality. It is primarily aimed at clearing and purifying the subtle channels of our mind and body, while balancing our masculine and feminine aspects.
- We all have two parts, often with opposite meanings, like the duality of good and evil, light and dark, day and night, black and white, masculine and feminine, and so on. Every aspect of life is created from a balanced interaction of opposite and competing forces. To thrive in life, our energy levels need to balance and complement each other
- Nadi shodhana is effective at helping to reduce anxiety, calming our mind and body, and promoting an overall sense of wellbeing.
- Avoid pressing down on each nostril too hard.
- Avoid pushing too hard with your breath; your breath should flow as naturally as possible.
- If you find that your arm gets tired, you can use a couple of blocks to rest your elbow on.
- Fold the tips of the index and middle fingers inward until they touch the palm at the base of the right thumb (Vishnu mudra). Use the right thumb to close the right nostril. Inhale through the left nostril and deep into the belly, then pause briefly at the crown of the head.
- Next, use the ring finger of the right hand to close the left nostril and simultaneously release the right nostril. Exhale through the right nostril; pause gently at the bottom of the exhalation. Keeping the left nostril closed, inhale once again through the right nostril, allowing the breath to travel up the right side of the body.
- Then, use the right thumb to close the right nostril as you release the left nostril. Exhale through the left nostril, surrendering the breath back down the left side of the body. Pause gently at the bottom of the exhalation
- Being conscious about our breath is being conscious about our lives. Breathwork is the best tool to balance our emotions and connect to the present moment, and daily practice can change your life. Helping you to be calmer, focused and balanced.