Warm Samphire, Broad Bean and Potato Salad
Using raw samphire gives this salad a lovely fresh crunch and saltiness
SERVES 4 AS A SIDE
• 1 tsp oil
• 1 tsp dried basil
• 400g (14oz) potato, peeled and cubed
• 200g (7oz) broad beans
• 100g (3.5 oz) samphire
• 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
• 10 sun dried tomatoes, sliced
• 4 spring onions, chopped
- For the dressing:
• 1 tbsp soya milk
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1½ tsp lemon juice
• 1 tbsp water
• 1 tsp garlic salt
• Handful chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6, then toss the potatoes in the oil and dried basil and place on a tray and put in the oven for 30-35 minutes until the potatoes are crispy on the outside and soft in the centre.
- Whilst the potatoes and cooking, make the dressing by combining all the dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until the dressing is thick and fully emulsified.
- To finish, bring a pan of water to the boil and add the broad beans for 2-3 minutes until cooked. Then add the potatoes, broad beans, samphire, cherry tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, spring onions and dressing to a bowl and mix together
First published in November 2009, OM Yoga magazine has become the most popular yoga title in the UK. Available from all major supermarkets, independents and newsstands across the UK. Also available on all digital platforms.