Chocolate "Nice Cream"
All you need for this are a food processor, a few frozen bananas, and a little imagination. This "nice cream" is chocolaty and totally hits the spot.
Makes 2 cups
- 4 medium bananas, peeled and frozen
- 60ml (¼ cup) plain, unsweetened plant-based milk (see note)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In a food processor or high speed blender, combine the bananas, milk, cocoa powder, and vanilla. Process until smooth. Serve immediately or store in a freezer-safe container in the freezer for up to 1 week.
NOTE: I like using almond milk for this, or use a plant-based milk with around 30 calories per cup.
Excerpted from Plantifully Lean. Copyright 2023, Kiki Nelson. Reproduced by permission of Simon Element, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.