Chickpea and Potato Hash
This hash makes a great breakfast or brunch. The high carbohydrate contents will keep you going throughout the morning so you won’t be reaching for snacks to tide you over until lunch time.
- 450g (16oz) potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, puréed
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 100g (3.5 oz) chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 400g (14oz) tin chickpeas, drained
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 100g (3.5 oz) spinach
- Handful parsley, chopped
- Pinch dried chilli flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Add the potato to a pan of water and bring to the boil, cook for 10-12 minutes, then drain. Transfer the potatoes, drizzle with one tablespoon of oil and roast for 20-25 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Next, add the remaining oil to a pan over a medium heat and add the garlic, red pepper, onion, chestnut mushrooms, onion powder, cumin and paprika and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Then add the potato and chickpeas to the pan and sauté for a further 3-4 minutes, finally add the spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes until wilted. Top with the sliced avocado, parsley and chilli flakes to finish.