Chickpea and Potato Hash
This hash makes a great breakfast or brunch. The high carbohydrate contents will keep you going throughout the morning so you won’t be reaching for snacks to tide you over until lunch time.
- 450g (16oz) potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, puréed
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 100g (3.5 oz) chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 400g (14oz) tin chickpeas, drained
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 100g (3.5 oz) spinach
- Handful parsley, chopped
- Pinch dried chilli flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Add the potato to a pan of water and bring to the boil, cook for 10-12 minutes, then drain. Transfer the potatoes, drizzle with one tablespoon of oil and roast for 20-25 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Next, add the remaining oil to a pan over a medium heat and add the garlic, red pepper, onion, chestnut mushrooms, onion powder, cumin and paprika and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Then add the potato and chickpeas to the pan and sauté for a further 3-4 minutes, finally add the spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes until wilted. Top with the sliced avocado, parsley and chilli flakes to finish.
First published in November 2009, OM Yoga magazine has become the most popular yoga title in the UK. Available from all major supermarkets, independents and newsstands across the UK. Also available on all digital platforms.