Pimped Instant Ramen
More instant ramen packets are vegan than you might expect. This is a speedy and simple lunch. Use any vegetables you have in the refrigerator – the ingredients below are just a guide.
- 2 single-portion packets instant ramen noodles
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chilli oil
- 1 head of bok choi, halved lengthways
- 100g (3½ oz) sweetcorn
- 1-2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- Small handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- Cook the ramen noodles according to the packet instructions. Add the soy sauce and chilli oil to the broth and leave to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan over a high heat and char the cut sides of the bok choi halves. Add the sweetcorn and allow to fry until charred and caramelised too.
- Top the ramen with the charred bok choi and sweetcorn and sprinkle over the spring onions, chilli slices and coriander before serving.