Inspired by the flavours of Mexico, this taco salad jar is sure to spice up your lunchtime.
For the Taco Salad
• 200g (1 cup) cooked black beans
• 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
• 1 mild red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
• 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
• 1 lime, juice only
• Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
• ½ avocado, stoned, peeled and diced
• 1 large vine tomato, deseeded and diced
• 50g (1 cup) iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
• 4 inch piece cucumber, roughly chopped into large chunks
• 90g (½ cup) cooked sweetcorn (tinned or frozen is fine)
• 2 tbsp tomato salsa, home made or shop bought
• 2 tbsp chopped, fresh coriander leaves
1. Add the black beans to a small bowl and mix in the spring onions, chilli, garlic and the juice of half the lime. Season well.
2. Squeeze the remaining lime juice over the avocado chunks to prevent them from browning.
3. Layer up all the ingredients in a large, lidded jar until everything has been used. Cover with a lid and keep chilled until ready to eat.
Find more healthy food jar recipes in the April 2019 issue of OM Yoga. Find your nearest stockist with our store locator.
Sign up to receive a free vegan recipe every day in your inbox with the PlantBased Daily Recipe email.