A delicious and easy to make vegan Christmas dessert, perfect for chocolate lovers.
Makes 1 tree
- 2 sheets ready rolled, dairy-free puff pastry, at room temperature
- 200g chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Plain flour, for dusting
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Non-dairy milk, for glazing the pastry
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Spray the paper lightly with flavourless oil and dust liberally with plain flour.
- Place one of the unrolled pastry sheets on the tray and spoon over the chocolate spread, making sure the pastry is evenly covered.
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts and cranberries over the chocolate and top with the other sheet of pastry to make a sandwich.
- Using a very sharp knife, trim the edges of the pastry to make a large triangle shape. Use a piece of the excess pastry to cut outa star for the top of the tree.
- Leaving a 1 inch ‘trunk’ down the centre of the pastry, make slashes going out towards the edges, half an inch apart to create the ‘branches’/
- Carefully twist the strips over several times to create a candy cane effect on each.
- Once all the strips have been twisted, brush the whole tree lightly with non-dairy milk, and transfer to the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- When the tree is golden brown and risen, leave to cool slightly on the baking sheet before dusting with sifted icing sugar.
- Serve warm or cold.
Recipe created by PlantBased Kitchen